Fall/Winter 2019 shipping rates:
- orders over $50 ship FREE (choose the free shipping option at checkout)
- orders under $50 ship for a flat rate of $10
Most orders ship within 1-2 business days. In the rare event that more time is needed, I will update you promptly.
Most orders ship via USPS First Class or Priority Mail and reach you within 2-3 business days of shipping. You will receive a tracking number when your order ships.
Shipping to warm weather addresses: if temperatures will be warm enough (~75F+) to put the chocolate at risk of melting in transit or on delivery day, I will ship with ice/insulation AND avoid shipping late in the week, so that your chocolate does not sit somewhere warm over the weekend. You do not need to request special warm weather service; I check the forecast for every order and ship accordingly.
Putting it all together, please allow up to 5-7 business days from order date to delivery date. Should you need an order more urgently, contact me. I can check transit times to provide a more exact delivery estimate, and may be able to offer expedited service for a higher shipping fee.
For orders to Canada, please order via my distribution partner Chocosphere.
Ordering a gift? Yes, you can:
- Ship directly to the recipient. Just enter their address as the shipping address when you place the order.
- Add a gift note. Write your note in the order notes field during checkout. We will print it and add it to the box.
- Request a shipping delay. If you'd like us to wait to ship (until a closer to a birthday, holiday, etc.), please ask in the order notes. Keep in mind that due to fluctuations in weather and transit times, we are unable to guarantee a specific delivery day.
For larger gift orders such as wedding favors or corporate gifts, please contact me.
PURCHASING AT THE FACTORY
By appointment only, with $50 minimum purchase. Please contact me to make arrangements.
Because chocolate is a food product, all sales are final.
Warm-weather reminder: chocolate requires special care because it can melt. I can guarantee that your chocolate will be safe from melting until it is delivered, but once it leaves the carrier's hands, it is up to the recipient to keep it safe. Therefore, when temperatures at the destination will be above 75 degrees, please be sure to ship to a place where someone can receive the package right away, or consider shipping to an office or PO box, where delivery occurs indoors.
Of course, if you find an issue with your order that looks like my mistake, please contact me. I will do my best to make it right.
For more information about keeping your chocolate safe once it's inside, see my FAQ page.
A NOTE ON PACKAGING
Your order has been carefully designed to create little if any new landfill waste. Please help me achieve this by:
- reusing, recycling, or composting the paper padding in the shipping box
- reusing, recycling, or composting the shipping box
- reusing or recycling insulating bubble wrap
- reusing or composting ice packs
- recycling the product packaging (the plastic inner wrappers are recyclable at "thin film" collection points)